Model Parameter History

July, 23rd 2010 2am HST:

The VMAP project began running HYSPLIT in batch mode twice daily.

August, 15th 2010 2am HST:

The VMAP project began posting HYSPLIT dispersion graphics on the VMAP website.

August, 31st 2010 2am HST:

The VMAP project began issuing daily forecasts on the VMAP website.

September 5th, 2010 2am HST:

The isobaric option was selected in an attempt to get a better trajectory for the dispersion model.

September, 20th 2010 2am HST:

Emissions rates were divided equally at three separate vertically stacked point between 150m to 700m at the summit and 100m to 300m at the east rift zone. Prior emissions were at one point located at 50m. Figures were changed to better reflect the estimated plume variability and height.

October, 3rd 2010 2am HST:

Emissions rates weighted to have 70% of emissions at the top of the plume height (700m for the summit and 300m for the east rift zone). The remaining 30% was distributed at 150m to just below the top of the estimated plume height.

October, 3rd 2010 2am HST:

Emissions locations were increased from 4 to 5 vertical stacked locations to account for plume variability.

October, 6th 2010 2am HST:

Emissions rates weighted to have 90% of emissions at the top of the plume height (700m for the summit and 300m for the east rift zone). The remaining 10% was distributed at 50m to just below the top of the estimated plume height.

October, 6th 2010 2am HST:

Emissions locations were increased from 5 to 10 vertical stacked locations to account for plume variability.

October, 13th 2010 2pm HST:

The SO4 dry deposition was decreased from 1cm/s to .75cm/s.

October, 13th 2010 2pm HST:

Conversion of SO2 to SO4 was changed from 1.5*4,285.4 to 4,285.4 to account for the molecular weight conversion being included in the PPM to µg/m³ equation.

October, 14th 2010 2pm HST:

The SO4 dry deposition was decreased from .75cm/s to .25cm/s.

February, 18th 2010 2am HST:

The SO4 contxt.f subroutine modified to allow for local HST time instead of UTC time.

February, 18th 2010 2am HST:

The SO4 contxt.f subroutine modified to remove right panel labels key.